Frequently asked questions
HAI Labs is proud to offer deep discounts to all our U.S. customers through our Manufacturer Direct Sale program. Here are our answers to frequently asked questions about the program.
What does manufacturer direct sale mean?
As the leading U.S. manufacturer of ophthalmic equipment, we sell and deliver our products to domestic customers directly, with no distributors in between.
What are the terms of sale?
1. Prices are F.O.B. origin in Lexington, MA. All freight, duties and taxes are extra.
2. One year limited warranty is for parts exchange at factory only. All freight, duties and taxes are extra. Online and phone support for technical problems is free and unlimited for the first year.
3. Installation and in-service training are available and recommended for many of our equipment models. Labor is free, but customer must pay for travel, lodging, meals and local transportation.
4. Payment term is 100% prepaid by check or wire transfer. If prepaid by wire transfer, an additional $75.00 bank fee will apply.
5. Delivery is estimated at 30-45 days after receipt of payment.
Why is 100% prepayment required?
Full payment must be received before we can enter an order into our production system. Since our prices as much as 30%-40% off list prices, our customers generally find this to be a reasonable trade off.
What if I am a U.S. government contracting officer and prepayment is not possible?
The WAWF Fast Payment Procedure (FAR 52.213-1) is an accepted substitute for 100% prepayment.
Can I get a demo of equipment before purchasing?
We offer free walk-in demos and training on all our equipment at ten major trade shows in cities across the country every year. Click here for a list of meetings at which we exhibit.
Since we do not have local branches in cities other than our headquarters in Boston, we are unable to offer free demos at specific organizational facilities. However, customers are welcome to purchase equipment and try it risk-free for 30 days – if the product is unsatisfactory for any reason, it can be returned to us for a 100% refund.
What is the return policy?
All products returned within 30 days is eligible for a full refund of the equipment value, minus shipping and any travel costs incurred during installation. We do not charge a restocking fee as long as equipment is returned in its original condition and original packaging. A refund check will be issued after inspection is completed, generally within 30 days after equipment is received at the manufacturer’s site.
Have another question that wasn’t answered here? Contact us for an answer!